Cold. Wet. Windy. Less than ideal conditions for a track meet on Saturday at the Whitmore Lake Invitational. Here are the highlights from the meet:
- Naomi Foley contended with the elements and 16 other girls in 1600 meter run and won the race by just over one second in a time of 6:09.68. She also took 3rd place in the 3200 meter run.
- Steve Livingston and Josh Taube finished fifth and seventh respectively out of 32 entries in the 100 meter dash.
- Josh Taube finished 9th out of 35 in the 200 meter dash.
- The boys’ 4 x 100 relay team of Zac Ott, Steve Livingston, Josh Taube, and Logan Schliewe finished in 5th place.
- Josh Taube earned a 5th place finish in the Long Jump with a jump of 17’7.
- Krissa Sabit finished 4th out of 28 in the 200 meter dash and 10th out of 33 in the 100 meter dash.
- The girls’ 4 x 100 meter relay team of Krissa Sabit, Naomi Foley, Jackie Last, and Sarah Kennedy earned a 5th place finish.
- Allie Prieskorn set a new personal record in shot put with a throw of 23’10.
- Sarah Kennedy finished 7th in the discus.
The next track and field meet is this Saturday, April 27 at Wayne State University.